Nova Scotia happens to be the home of more than 15 breweries; try making this recipe with one of the many fine beers that this province has to offer!
- 4 (1/2 pound) rib-eye steaks, or steak of choice
- 2 tablespoons sea salt. (look for a local one or make your own as done here – http://cblocaldiet.ca/2012/09/blog/sea-salt/ )
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer of choice (a growler has 64 fluid ounces)
- Place the steaks in a large, shallow container with a lid. Season each side of the steaks with the salt and lemon pepper. Gently pour the beer over the steaks (making sure the seasoning doesn’t wash off). Cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place steaks on grill, and discard beer marinade. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Adapted from Yummly.com