Add some cheese or salsa to these delicious meat-free burritos to add some extra color and flavour! Serve them up on small or large tortillas, depending on your preference. The smaller ones make a great snack or appetizer!
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups collards or kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 ½ cups black beans, cooked
- 3 tbsp. apple juice or cider
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sauté onions, garlic and butter for 10 min. Add spices, salt, greens and water and cook 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat (add more water if needed).
- Mash up black beans and add to sauté mixture along with fruit juice. Stir.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and bake, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes
Taken from Eating by the Seasons Cookbook – Food Action Committee
Ecology Action Centre