- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 small onion, chopped
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 whole chicken, cut in 8 pieces, skin removed (learn how here – http://allrecipes.com/video/2/how-to-cut-up-a-whole-chicken/detail.aspx)
- 1 cup hot chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown chicken pieces in oil, remove from pan. Lay in a single layer in a 9×13 inch (or larger) baking dish.
- Sauté apple and onion in butter or margarine until tender. Add curry powder and sauté 1 minute more. Add flour and continue to cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and milk; stir well.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts and bake in preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com