- ½ cup (125 ml) cranberries, fresh, frozen, or dried (try Terra Beata)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 21 oz (600 g) pork tenderloin (try Meadowbrook or The Pork Shop)
- ½ cup (125 ml) feta (Fox Hill Cheese House or Wandering Shepherd)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) dried summer savory (Farmer John’s Herbs is a great option)
- Additional summer savory, garlic powder and salt to season the roast
- If using fresh or frozen cranberries, cut them in half into a small bowl, sprinkle them with sugar, stir and set aside for about 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 500 °F (230°C).
- Place the roast in an open pan and make a lengthwise slit on the side, so it will open like a book.
- In a bowl, mix feta, onion, garlic and savoury. Add cranberries, discarding any juice in the bottom of the bowl.
- Stuff tenderloin with cheese mixture, and close it with string in several places. It will try to open during cooking.
- Sprinkle the top of the roast with more savoury, garlic powder and then salt.
- Sear for 15 minutes at 500 °F (230°C)., then reduce temperature to 275 °F (135°C) for half an hour, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 °F (71°C)
- Let stand 5 minutes, remove string, slice and serve.
Adapted from TasteofNovaScotia.com