- A bit of olive oil
- 10 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. heavy cream or half-and-half (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
* You will need a 12-cup muffin pan for this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 190C.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet. Sauté the mushrooms until they are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Set Aside.
- Place the spinach in a deep pan or in the skillet that you used for the mushrooms. Add a little water, 1/4 cup should do it. Using medium heat, cook the spinach just until wilted, about 3-4 mins. Use either your hand or a spatula to pack in the spinach. Drain the excess water really well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach, cheeses and cream (if using) to the eggs. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for about 20-23 minutes, or until a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and serve.
Adapted from ManilaSpoon.com