- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons dried dill weed, divided
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 4 thick slices French bread
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 2 teaspoons of dill, and 2 tablespoons of garlic. Set aside.
- Melt about half of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Season chicken breast halves with remaining garlic and dill. Cook for about 8 minutes per side, or until the meat is firm and juices run clear. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Spread the remaining butter onto one side of the slices of bread, and toast in the skillet until golden. Spread the cream cheese onto the other sides of the bread, and make sandwiches with the chicken breasts, lettuce, and tomato.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com