- 4 slices bread, crusts trimmed, cut into quarters
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 4 slices bacon or ham, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (try Fox Hill Cheese)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) steamed potatoes, mashed with a fork
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Spray 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in pan, overlapping slightly.
Whisk eggs, milk, bacon and 1/4 cup (50 mL) cheese in large bowl. Add mushrooms. Pour mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle potatoes and remaining cheese over egg mixture.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until lightly browned and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Adapted from eggs.ca