- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, thinly sliced (try That Dutchman)
- 1 1/3 cups greens, such as arugula, lettuce, or spinach
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil; rub cut sides of garlic over oil. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each of 4 bread slices, oil side down. Top each bread slice with 1 ounce cheese, 1/3 cup greens, and 2 tomato slices. Top each with remaining 4 bread slices, oil side up.
- Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted and cheese melts.
Adapted from MyRecipes.com