- 2 handfuls fresh spinach (washed and dried)
- 1 strip cooked bacon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp feta cheese crumbles (try Wandering Shepherd or Foxhill)
- Heat small frying pan, add bacon and cook 2-3 minutes, until bacon crisps. Turn bacon over and cook on the second side. Remove bacon to cool and wipe out pan with a paper towel.
- Put spinach into large bowl, big enough to toss salad in. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in small bowl and whisk together.
- Put pan back on heat, add oil-vinegar-garlic combination and heat until just starting to bubble, then pour immediately over spinach and toss.
- Arrange salad on serving plate, crumble feta over, and serve.