Makes 12 servings.
- 450 grams sweet potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 225 grams carrots (cut into thin rounds)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 ½ spring onions (trimmed and sliced into circles)
- Spelt flour (Wholemeal, for coating, optional)
- 4 tbsps greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Sliced cucumber, to serve
- Put the sweet potatoes and carrots in a steamer and steam, covered, over boiling water for 20 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile, put the sesame seeds in a medium saucepan and heat over a medium-low heat for 3–4 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the seeds begin to brown and just start popping. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Put the sweet potatoes and carrots in a bowl and mash with a fork, then mix in the sesame seeds and spring onions. Shape the mixture into 12 balls of equal size, then flatten into 6cm patties about 2cm high. If they are very sticky, sprinkle both sides with flour and put on a baking sheet. Grill for 5 minutes on each side until warmed through and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, put the yogurt and curry powder in a small bowl and mix well. Serve the patties warm with the sauce and sliced cucumbers.
Tip: The cooked patties can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Yummly.com